Wednesday, February 25, 2009

T-minus 72 days

72 days left before my 25k. That means less than eleven weeks of training left. I haven't been running as consistently as I would like, but hopefully I'll continue to find enough time to advance my mileage.

I got in an 7 mile run Feb. 16, but missed my long run this past weekend. Despite this I still think I'm in decent shape for being ready in time for the race though. I'm not worried at all about finishing, I'm just too competitive to be willing to 'just finish'; I have to do well.

Anyway, I think I'm going to start posting my planned runs at the beginning of each week, partly to give me something to post about, and partly to motivate myself to structure my training a little more than looking ahead to the next run. 
So to begin:

Week of 2009/02/23:
Tues. - 4 mi.  (yesterday)
Wed. - 3 mi.
Thur. - 5 mi.
Fri.    -  2 mi. & Lift Weights
Sat.   -  8 mi.



"I don't jog. If I die I want to be sick" - Abe Lemmons

No comments: