Thursday, February 26, 2009

LG Versa

This phone looks like it could be awesome; of course the last time I got really excited about a phone coming to Verizon was the BlackBerry Storm, and that release was followed by the crush of mediocrity. I feel like I should be slightly gun-shy when it comes to getting hyped about another phone before hearing a lot a bout it, but I can't help but gaze longingly at the Versa.

A quick laundry list of features:
  • EV-DO Rev (with tethering capability)
  • an OLED display on the cover
  • 2 megapixel camera (with face detection)
  • GPS
  • microSD
  • built in accelerometer
  • attachable qwerty keyboard (which sounds clunky but in pictures appears to have been done well)
  • Visual Voice Mail
  • Bluetooth
  • threaded messaging (ala Gmail?) - it would appear there is a monthly charge for this feature
I can't wait to see how this shakes out.

P.S. Let me know if they announce the Palm Pre coming to Verizon

[via engadget and cnet]


"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - Proverb

No comments: